Our best-selling bar of all time. If you buy one bar from us, this is it.
- 2022 Academy of Chocolate Awards GOLD Winner
- Academy of Chocolate judging panel notes (2022): "Outstanding and flawless execution. Beautiful burst of fruit on the palate, lychee, jasmine, elderflower. Wonderfully long smooth finish. Absolutely outstanding."
- International Chocolate Awards - World Silver Award 2017
- International Chocolate Awards - Triple MMM Judges Award 2017
- International Chocolate Awards - USA Gold 2017
- International Chocolate Awards - Americas Silver 2017
- Academy of Chocolate 2017 Gold Award Winner
Late one night in the summer of 2015, we roasted a test batch from the first-ever harvest of Ucayali River Cacao. These beans came from a region of Peru not normally associated with great cacao. But here we knew we had something special, thanks to the exacting standards of award-winning cacao expert Daniel O’Doherty. Ucayali River Cacao pays farmers a premium for their best work, and the level of dedication and care in the processing has been unlike any we have ever seen. We have strived to bring that same level of care to this bar.
We’re proud to bring back this most unique and interesting chocolate; one that must be savored and enjoyed with quiet contemplation.
- Tasting Notes: Star Anise, Mocha, Pepper, Cedar
- Ingredients: Cacao beans, Organic Unrefined Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Butter
- Kosher Information: Parve
- Less than five people touch this between the time it is a bean and the time it is a bar.
- Made locally